Saturday 16 March 2013

I LIVE IN A COUNTRY...



I live in a country where water, gas and electricity are rationed
I live in a country where increase in fuel price affects everything under the sun including burial charges
I live in a country where 55%of the adult population are not literate
I live in a country where mineral rich communities are impoverished
I live in a country where road traffic accident claims more lives than malaria and HIV combined
I live in a country where childbirth could possibly be your death sentence
I live in a country where it's health system is teetering on the brink of collapse
I live in a country where mediocrity is glorified
I live in a country where officials elected to solve problems of the nation rather add to the problem
I live in a country where women are still marginalized
I live in a country where the naming of the seat of government is national debate for a week
I live in a country where drinking bars abound and libraries are scarce
I live in a country where Christians abound but corruption and bribery is rift
I live in a country where God is the one duty and every other person is waiting on him
I live in a country whose citizens are more religious than God himself yet these same people hide behind the name of God to do unimaginable things
I live in a country where even though we have elected public officials, we entrust our future to 200 supposed 'men of God' to go to Jerusalem to seek solution to our problems.
I live in a country where in the face of all these challenges people still have hope and wake up each day to make a difference

2 Comments:

At 16 March 2013 at 14:28 , Blogger Efo Dela said...

Love the way cynism ends in a glimmer of hope and optimism.

 
At 18 March 2013 at 11:31 , Blogger Yvonne said...

thank you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home