Saturday 12 January 2013

A VISIT TO THE DENTIST

Woke up this morning and I knew visiting the dentist was a must before the day ended. The reason? The gum beneath my lower right canine was hurting so bad, the sort of hurting you knew that after a few more hours and you'll be screaming or crying (which ever you prefer) your way to the nearest clinic/hospital. Despite this the will power to get out of bed was just not there, after much contemplation, tossing and turning I finally got out of bed and not long was on my way to the hospital.
The records unit was my first point of call when I got the hospital to pick my folder. Then came the next part, waiting for my turn. Whilst in the waiting room I must confess I was a little scared (yes nurse to dey fear wai). My sweet tooth had landed me in trouble. If only I hadn't over indulged during Christmas I kept thinking to myself. Finally it was my turn, I entered the dentist office and was ushered into the famous dentist chair.
A drap over my chest, examination light on and the setup was complete, smiling at me the dentist said ''open wide''. After poking around for about 8 minutes and asking me questions in between she turned around to her desk to write in my folder. She finally looked up and said ''Yvonne, your gum is suffering from overzealous brushing''. I just looked at her sheepishly, you see I love sweets so much and knowing how bad it could be for the teeth I brush them very religiously and somehow i had brushed a part of the gum away exposing the enamel hence the pain and sensitivity.

Yep my overzealous brushing was becoming a pain to my gums. After giving me a lecture on the need to minimise my sweets intake, tips on good dental hygiene and a prescription I was sent on my way.
On my way out of the hospital I saw a shop and lying so neatly and beautifully arranged in a tray was some bars of golden tree chocolate..........

what the heck i'll brush after eating it.

2 Comments:

At 14 January 2013 at 06:21 , Blogger Efo Dela said...

Haha! Overzealous brushing paa!!
I visit to the dentist can be a scary event no matter how old one is.
I often visit just for check up but still find the place scary. All those people moaning in pain is too much to handle sometimes

 
At 15 January 2013 at 10:21 , Blogger Yvonne said...

chale i tell you!! a visit to the dentist is always scary

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home